Recliners are made to offer comfort; however, you might not be having the required money to buy your preferred sleeping recliners. With just $ 150 you can change a recliner sofa to make a harvest316’s Supine Computing Solution by following the steps below.
Used typist chair. It should have 5-wheel star base
1m pole (metal or wood)
2m PVC tubing
450 PVC angle joints
VESA donut pole mount
- Call your local hardware store to enquire about the diameter of PVC tubing to purchase.
- Look for a second-hand chair with a diameter close to PVC tubing you found at the hardware.
- Buy a VESA donut pole that is equal to the diameters above.
- Purchase a 2m PVC tubing as well as a 1m pole. This should be matched to perfectly fit in the chair stem and the PVC tubing.
- Cut the chair from its base but the maximum possible stem attached to the base.
- Take a pole (wooden pole works well here) and ensure it fits firmly in the stem attached at the base of the chair.
- Place your bessa block (weightlifting barbells can also be used) over the top of your pole. It should be resting on the feet of the chair.
- For good results make a sketch of PVC and pole considering your preferred heights before cutting.
- Cut your PVC tubing to two 500mm parts. One should be horizontal and the other one diagonal. Also, cut another one in a vertical section as determined by your sketch.
- Cut your poles to support the longer vertical PVC parts. This should be done as much as possible.
- Connect the 500mm sections of your PVC tubing and the longer part using glue to make a 450 joint.
- Take the vertical part of the PVC and fit it perfectly over the pole in a way that will allow rotation of the monitor arm away from a person without jiggling.
- If you want to adjust the height of the monitor with at least 150mm you will need to slice the PVC riser parts with 15-30mm.
- Obtain the weight of your monitor, with a detached base. Use can search its specs from the internet or by using a bathroom scale.
- Test the strength of your frame. You can do this by hanging a weight that is slightly higher than the weight of the monitor. If your monitor weighs 15kg use 20kg weight. Leave it overnight.
- If the frame falls reinforce the base using barbell/brick.
- It the frame bends reduces the length of the PVC.
- If the frame breaks, start the process again. This means your monitor could have fallen.
- If you are still not sure about the strength, add more weight and leave it for about two to three days.
- Paint using your preferred paint.
- Attach the VESA mount to the monitor following instructions.
- Place your floor standing monitor arm at your preferred site.
- Fix the monitor as well as the VESA donut mount to your completed monitor arm.
- Enjoy your finished product.